Dungeons and Zombies is a zombie-apocolypse themed version of D&D intended to have a smoother learning curve than standard D&D,
and is targeted at completely new players.
To accomplish this it provides a minimized ruleset and allows the DM to fill in the rest using standard D&D 5e mechanics.
The player and character setup screens are locked behind a password to prevent random internet people or bots from filling the database with garbage.
Contact me if you'd like access to those features.
Added a permanent navbar to the header consistent with the rest of the website. Clarified some instructions. Made weapon names in the tracker look clickable.
Changelog for v2.1
Overview: implements a much more reliable database for character storage,
and includes a weapon tracker, some minor visual tweaks, and some rule streamlining.
- Database is much more reliable
- Added a weapon tracker for up to 5 active weapons per character; weapons are now saved!
- First-time setup instructions are much more clear and concise
- Tweaks to the home page and Character Sheet layout to make them easier to use
Changelog for v2.0
Overview: an effort to simplify the game mechanics of the first version
and put more of an emphasis on the actual combat and campaign instead of resource management.
- Visual Overhual- Looks cleaner, works better on tablet and desktop browsers
- Resolved many issuses with first-time setup and simplified the instructions
- Vastly simplified weapons: category-based stats with specific strengths and weaknesses
- Simplified vehicles, equipment, and resources- so you can focus on killing zombies
- Player Handbook data is pulled directly from Google Sheets, so it can be updated quickly
- "Special Abilities" have been renamed to "Specialties," and are way more useful
- Reworked Character Sheet page- easier to navigate and use
- Specialty descriptions are loaded when a specialty is selected
- Mods for Skills are now calculated for you
- Age and Gender Bonuses are listed in the appropriate box
- Added an inventory textbox
- Game terms have been updated to avoid confusion and be more consistent with actual D&D.
- Dynamic page layout works much better on small screens (like your smartphone!)
The old versions of this site are available below, but are not maintained.
IMPORTANT: Please use Firefox or Chrome. This website doesn't support other browsers.